RULES & DEFINITIONS:
All team members are required to take a Junior or CORE ballet class unless otherwise approved by studio director.
Ensemble class is required for all CORE dancers except those enrolled in CORE Lyrical Jr or Petite.
To qualify for a solo, duo, or trio all team members are required to participate in at least one group number and ensemble piece unless otherwise approved by studio director.
It is understood all team members are committed to their team, All team members are expected to follow through on their commitment to their teammates and team leader unless injury, sickness, or an emergency prevents otherwise. If a dancer must withdrawal for an unexcused reason, they may be subject to a withdrawal fee.
Competition Commitment Agreement
Competition classes participate in 3 mandatory dance competitions. By registering for CORE classes you are committing to the following competitions:
Team members will not be permitted to compete with another studio’s competition team.
-Dancers are required to arrive ONE HOUR prior to competition time. This will allow the groups to assemble together, warm up, and go over any last minute choreography with instructor
-Dancers are responsible for their own makeup and hair and are expected to arrive with hair and stage make up already done. Should dancers require specialty hair or makeup applications as decided by instructor, then dancers are required to arrive TWO HOURS prior to competition times.
-Dancers are expected to dress appropriately and wear appropriate undergarments for their costumes.
- No underwear lines
- Tan tights or bare legs depending on instructors preference
- No bra straps are allowed to show, if bras are required a bra with clear or nude straps will be required and no parts of the bra may show thru the costume
- No finger or toe nail polish
- No jewelry unless part of costume
-Dancers are responsible for bringing costumes and all its parts, all dance shoes required, extra tights should snags occur, and makeup and hair products for touch ups throughout the competition
-All rehearsals are mandatory. Dancers are still expected to come to class and watch if sick or injured unless illness is fever or flu.
-Competitions may have ticket charges and parents will be responsible for paying admission fees. Please check websites for details concerning extra expense in advance of the competition. You can also check websites for hotels for accommodations. Websites have been listed above.
-On Tap Studio will give dancers a competition schedule with times as soon as schedules are made available, however, it is a dancers responsibility to note times, days, and locations as well as to check the website for last minute changes.
-While attending these competitions it is understood that dancers and parents are representing On Tap Dance Studio and that appropriate behaviours and etiquettes as ascribed in the On Tap Policies package will be expected. Any behaviours considered unacceptable will result in warnings being issued followed by possible suspension from the team and possibly not being considered for the team the following season.
Instructor Contact Information
Please make sure to add your instructor’s contact information to your phone in the event you get lost on the way, an emergency, or you have questions.
Shannon 1 (902) 523-3549
Monika 1 (902) 523-2384
NEW Parent/Guardian Code of Conduct:
- All parents/guardians will promote good sportsmanship and team playing with their dancers. Parents/guardians will not be responsible for music choices, choreography or team dynamics and groupings, or rehearsal scheduling.
- All parents/guardians will refrain from disrespectful behaviour, harassment, abusive or offensive behaviour towards any instructor, coach, volunteer, or other parent/guardian or team member.
- All concerns will be addressed privately with the studio director and no parent/guardian will be tolerated to speak on behalf of other parent/guardians or instructors/coaches.
- No parent/guardian will interfere with the training or the progress of any team member including their own dancer.
- Parents/guardians are responsible for ensuring their dancer has a healthy and well balanced life between training, school work, nutrition, and rest. There will be absolutely no rehearsals held during school hours.
- Parents/guardians are not to communicate with competition organizers, mcs, or backstage managers regarding awards, age or category discrepancies, or by directing changes in programming. All concerns should be brought to the studio director’s attention and is solely the responsibility of the studio director to manage.
- There is a no tolerance policy for any parent/guardian who doesn’t abide by this code set forth. There may be one written warning, but beyond that the dancer of parent/guardian will be immediately dismissed from the team and will possibly lose their chance at competing for the following year.
- If a negative attitude or bahaviour continues from a team member or parent/guardian, they will be asked to leave the studio with no refunds and possible loss of scholarship.